Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Years?

Well I was suppose to get back and post my goals for the New Year but last night after days of thinking we had finally rid our family and house of the terrible bug we had, it struck again. We were at our Nana's house and the boys were running around playing when Easton said he was hungry. He went and got a snack and sat down. He started to cry so Jeremy picked him up then he started to scream. He was yelling for me, so just as Jeremy hands him off to me, Easton pukes all over me!!! Isn't it great to be a mom. The saddest part was that everyone there was al worried about helping me get cleaned up and it didn't even bother me at the moment because I was in "mom" mode. Once we got Easton cleaned up I thought about cleaning up. Once we got home and I could shower, I realized how gross it really was. Like I told everyone there though, it wasn't the first time and I know it won't be the last! Now that I have grossed all of you out, I can get back to my excuse of why I did not post my goals. So here they are for 2008!!

1- Send the kids to grandma's house for any and every vacation (that way we ensure a sick free holiday!! Sorry Granny!)

2- Before the year is over I want to train for and run a half marathon which considering the fact that I am so out of shape is a huge undertaking, but this is my year!

3- Learn to knit or crochet. I have always wanted to make my own hat but am deathly afraid of any type of craft/sewing that I can mess up so I avoid it at all cost. This year I face my fears.

4-Prepare my baby(Cade) to be baptized. Although the thought has occur ed to me that since we are moving to the 8:30am time slot, that we could go to one of the local baptist churches around here for a year and wait to have Cade baptized next year with Davis. It is a win win situation. I don't have to go to 8:30 church and can procrastinate letting go of my babies! Not to mention one hour church services!!

4 comments:

JamieD said...

Loved the throw-up story! I can totally relate! My kids tend to wait until we're out in public and then they let their lunches fly. Nice resolutions! I hate the early church block schedule too, we are moving to 9 now and the thought of having to do 4 girls hair and my own is pushing me towards the brink of insanity. I hate getting up early! I'm working on my resolutions so you'll have to check my blog soon!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!

-Laura- said...

Oh man, we JUST got over the whole throwing up thing - our WHOLE family. Ugh, it was horrible! Don't you just love it when your kids throw up on you?

What great goals! I just read your previous blog asking what other people's New Year's Resolutions are, so here's mine: Taking more time to play with my kids. I usually just get them playing something and then leave them to get something else done. But this year I'd like to spend a little more time with them, especially with Janelle heading off to school in the fall.

Emily said...

Sorry Rebecca. Throw up is gross. But, that's what happens sometimes.

Missed you yesterday night! We had a million+ cookies.

My resolution is to not stress the little stuff.

Erin S. said...

I hope you're feeling better soon! One of my resolutions is to run a 1/2 marathon too! Maybe we should train together! Anyone else in?