From now until April 19th you will hear me talk a lot about this "March for Babies." It is through the March of Dimes and it is one of the greatest mornings you can have. You have to show up and walk. There is no race, they have kids as young as three out there walking and some of the elderly people have to be closely followe by family as they were walking with canes. It is so neat to be united with hundreds of people all there to show their support and do what they can to help save babies. If you don't live in the Dallas area, you can find your local walk. I have had to watch my friends suffer and go through so much as they have lost babies and been able to do nothing. Through this, I feel like I am doing something, maybe it is small, but I am doing something. I remember when one of my closest friends had her first child who was stillborn and I attneded the funeral of this tiny baby. It was one of the most daunting feelings I have ever had. You never have the right words and never know what to do. I have another friend who had a similar experience but I was not able to be there with her. She is the one who introduced me to this walk. I have participated the past few years and I walk in honor of babies Jessica, Hannah, and the others who never made it here to be named. Taking a few hours out of our lives to show we care and want to make a difference is hardly a sacrifice but a blessing. Please visit our team page at:
http://www.marchforbabies.org/496670
or my personal page at:
http://www.marchforbabies.org/jrholdstock
Please get involved.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment