Thursday, January 1, 2009

Traditions


Neither Jeremy nor I grew up in a home that had Christmas traditions so when we got married we had to create our own. They may not be much, but they are all we have. By far, my favorite is not necessarily a Christmas but a birthday one. The birthday child gets to choose dinner and since Davis' birthday is Christmas Eve, our family Christmas Eve dinner is usually chicken nuggets, pizza, etc. This year he choose hamburgers. I can't tell you how nice is it to only have to make hamburgers on such a busy night! Did I ever mention how much I love Davis? Jeremy already posted about our ornament exchange so I thought I would post a few pictures of some of our other favorites. Below is a picture of the boys in Santa suits which we got 4 years ago. The boys decided they wanted to wear them to sleep on Christmas Eve so this is what they wear during our family talk show and then to bed. This picture if you notice is only from the waist up because.... Cade kept telling me all year he didn't want to wear his suit anymore and just wanted regular PJ's so I never go him a new suit. When the boys went upstairs to get ready for the night Cade still kept insisting he was just going to wear regular PJ's. When they came downstairs, they were all dressed up. Cade had a change of heart (which I was secretly happy for) but his suit being four years old, came up half way up his arms and way high on his legs. Below is the real picture. Needless to say the tradition continues and next year they will all have bigger suits!!


Every year Santa brings silly string in the boys stockings and on Christmas Day we have a war. The boys look forward to this so much but this year. They love to gang up on Dad!

This tradition came from Jeremy's neighbor growing up. Every year the neighbor gave himself Big Loader and played with it during Christmas then put it up and gave it to himself again the next year. Jeremy remembers going over and watching it as a child. Jeremy finally got himself a Big Loader and was excited to have his own "Christmas toy". Shortly after moving to Texas we found this Big Big Loader which has more levels and tracks. They say everything in Texas is bigger and I guess that includes the Big Loader. Now our boys love to watch as Dad plays with his toy every year and now an again, if they are good, they are allowed to play too!!







No comments: