Sunday, August 8, 2010

A fun filled week!

On Monday we went to Lagoon.
On Tuesday we went to BYU and the MTC.
Cade was so excited to visit the BYU campus.
After, we met our cousins at the Bingham Copper Mine. It was the third really big hole in the ground we saw on our vacation!
Cade and Mitchell enjoyed spending time together.
Wednesday we visited the University of Utah campus for Jeremy, Davis, and Easton.
Later we met the cousins at This is the Place for a fun filled soaked afternoon. We had so much fun at each of the activities. It rained on us and for a while we had to take shelter in the mud huts. It is a day we will never forget.
We were lucky enough to see Elder Dallin H. Oaks there and he was kind enough to take a picture with us. I think this was Jeremy's favorite part of vacation.
The kids at the end of the day.
Our family at Temple Square on Thursday
Rebecca, Jeremy, Davis, and Cade waiting to go on top of the Church Office Building
Thursday evening we went camping with everyone at a cabin. Uncle Everett cutting wood for our fire.
Roasting marshmellows at night. I think we still have burned marshmellow on some of our shoelaces!!
The cousins before going on a hike
This is the way I like to camp. Indoors and in beds! I was downstairs with Cade, Davis, Easton, Foster, Sam, and Mitchell. The boys stayed up until one on the morning and were up way too early for me!
No trip to Utah would be complete without a visit to the Statue of Liberty! Yes, you heard me. The neighbors of the Breese's (where I used to live) have a statue in their front yard. It made it easy giving people directions: go to the statue of Liberty and turn!! On our last Friday we had a BBQ with some of our friends the Duncans and the Farmers. Our boys had a great time playing with their kids even thought all the other kids were GIRLS (except baby Kellen!). We wish we had more time to visit with them and catch up more. It is fun to see old friends and even more exciting to watch all the kids grow up. We were worn out by the end of the week. On Saturday we had the big reunion that we had come to town for. I will post that in another post. It was a great week but we were so tired by the time we finally made it home. I am just glad we still had a few weeks before we had to start school.

1 comment:

Kat Curtis said...

What a fun trip - I'm just not sure how I feel about you playing both sides of the card with going to BYU AND the U....I think Cade has it right with his shirt. Just sayin'. :)