I know all parents are proud of their children and I may seem to brag on mine a bit too much, but I just can't help it. Report card day is always full of excitement at our house but nothing beats the end of year report cards. We usually do something to celebrate whether it is a dinner, movie night with toms of candy, or like this year a 15 boys campout in the backyard. I figure the boys earn it and deserve some reward for the outstanding job they do each year. One of the fun parts about their report cards is getting to read the comments the teachers write about the boys each time. I always love to hear the teachers perspective on my child. This year I have to say I was most proud of the comments on Cade's report card than his actual grades. (Of course he had a perfect report card with grades though!). His teacher wrote this about him:
"Cade is a one of a kind person! To say he is just gifted academically would be an incorrect assessment. Without a doubt, he is brilliant academically but what impresses me so much is his ability to make friends and nurture friendships. Everyone loves Cade and that definitely includes his teachers! Cade is special!"
For those of you who know Cade, you understand how shy he is and he is never one to draw attention to himself. I was terrified when he started school because he was so shy and I worried he would not make many friends. Boy was I wrong! Cade amazes us all the time. He truly is special!
Right behind him is Davis. I never had the same concerns about Davis because he is always been so sweet and outgoing and knew he would have no problem making friends and fitting in. Davis always excels in school and his teachers love him and rave about his behavior and achievements. Davis likes to challenge himself and his teacher commented how great he is at math and science. I fear we have another engineer in the making!
Easton had me worried but like everything else in his life, he does things on his time table. Last year although he could read, he did not like it. This year he decided he likes it and jumped 6 grade levels in his reading. In his spare time he reads the Harry Potter books and his goal for the summer is to pass his brothers reading levels.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment