
Every once in a while Easton asks me if I will still be the boss of him when he is a grown up. i of course say yes! I tolds him I will always be his mom so even when he is big, I will be the boss of him. When my parents came for a visit he asked me if they were still the boss of me (we disagree quite a bit on most things). I answered Easton's question with a NO, they are not, without realizing what he had stored in his little mind. He then preceedes to tell me that if they are not the boss of me now, I won't be the boss of him when he is a grown up. I scramble to think of something and tell him that my parents are not the boss of me because they don't go to my Church and we believe different things. Easton thinks about it for a minute and tells me that if I come to his house when he is big and try to tell him what to do he will throw me out! I wonder as I look down at this child (who is the spitting image of my husband) that I am staring down at a miniture me!! Oh the realization of this sent fear into every fiber of my being!! For the last month there has been no mention of who will be his boss when he is older, until this morning. Just about ten minutes ago as he was eating a snack and I was doing laundry, he suddenly asks if I still think I will be the boss of him when he is older. I have to admire his desire to be independent, but at the same time I fear it as well. So here we go again, another day of me trying to convience him that yes, " I will always be the boss of you!"
2 comments:
oh my goodness, how old is this boy? 30?? gotta reign him in and keep up the "i'll be the boss of you forever *evil laugh*" good luck with him.
Rebecca:We are STILL the boss of you.Remember honor thy father and thy mother.........Granny
Post a Comment