Monday, February 25, 2008

My Kitchen is on Fire!!

Ok! So it is Sunday evening and I am making dinner like every other ordinary day. There is only about 18 minutes left on the timer and as I walk by the oven I smell something funny. I think to myself, "I hope that is not my chicken!" I couldn't place the smell so I took a peek in the oven and saw flames! I closed the oven and told Jeremy that the oven was on fire. He ran and grabbed the fire extinguisher and headed for the oven. I yelled at him to wait until I got my chicken out. After the chicken was safely out of the way, Jeremy let loose on the fire extinguisher. It was lucky for us that it was a nice evening and we were able to open every door and window in the house. The boys and I went next door to visit the neighbors while the house aired out. Upon returning, we fed the kids sandwiches outside. Fire is not a funny thing, but this was such a small contained thing that we probably didn't need the extinguisher, turning the oven off and closing the door probably would've done the job, but I think Jeremy has been wanting to use that thing. Now he wants to get four more to place throughout the house. This was definitely one of those moments that you look back on and laugh. We laughed during this one as well. I want to go on the record saying this is not typical of of my cooking abilities but I did take the opportunity to tell Jeremy that I should not have the responsibility of cooking anymore!! I will leave it up to the real chef's in our family.




3 comments:

RAJESH B KUKREJA said...

Very good. I like your photo of cook.

Kat Curtis said...

Cute chef outfits!! I'm glad your oven fire wasn't more serious. The same thing just recently happened with my mother-in-law's oven (actually, with a chicken too) and they had to replace the range because things were warped enough. Crazy!! I love Cade's soccer pictures too. We're excited to see you guys! :)

-Laura- said...

Those pictures are adorable!!! Glad your kitchen is safe. Kyle would totally have gone for the fire extinguisher too just for the sake of using it.